-
October 17th, 2004, 04:34 PM
#161
moderator
I'm glad you had fun Veronica! [img]smile.gif[/img] There's nothing quite like a good concert experience!
Cherie soft???? I don't think so! [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]
Wonderfully versatile is what I'd say! [img]wink.gif[/img]
I've been enjoying my Denny Laine weekend. Talk about an overshadowed artist. I'm glad he stayed with Wings all those years but I can't help but wonder how he would have done had he never met Paul McCartney?
A very talented guy no doubt!
Later,
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Gus
-
October 19th, 2004, 03:39 PM
#162
moderator
I guess it was bound to happen. Listening to all that Denny Laine put me in a Macca Mood. Tonight it's:
Ram_Paul McCartney
Wildlife_Wings
[img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Gus
-
November 5th, 2004, 03:38 AM
#163
moderator
Well, I found myself watching John McEnroe's cable show last night and he had his wife on as a guest!
Patty Smyth talked about how she got involved in VH1's Bands Reunited with her old band SCANDAL! I like Patty quite a bit and some of the old Scandal songs are really good!
Scandal's Band's Reunited will reportedly air on November 8th for the first time. I'm not sure of the time but I think they said 10:00 PM.
Check your listings on Monday Scandal fans. This should be a good one!
She also said they were inspired enough to do a Scandal tour so who knows? Maybe they'll come to your hometown! Or mine!!!!
She finised the show with a beautiful accustic rendition of 'Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough' which I enjoyed thoroughly!
GOODBYE TO YOU for now folks!
[img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Gus
-
November 7th, 2004, 06:05 PM
#164
moderator
[img]wink.gif[/img]
As odd as it seems I have this old pony express receiver that picks up a strong signal from WROG Radio in the beanfields of Illinois!
I have been hearing songs I never knew existed frankly, spun by a beanfield DJ who seems to have an endless source for "strange, bizarre and never before heard tuneage", 4 sure!
Here are just an example of some of the songs I am learning to love!
Stairway To Gilligan's Island by Little Roger & The Goosebumps
I Love Rock And Roll by Hayseed Dixie
Perfect Day by Josie & The Pussycats
Working Class Hero by Cyndi Lauper
Rebel Girl by Bikini Kill with Joan Jett
Dogs Life by Joint Venture
Girl On LSD by Tom Petty
Stairway To Heaven by Beatnix
I Kicked A Boy by The Sundays
and.....I have even heard two different cover versions of my favorite Runaways song!
Cherry Bomb by Shonen Knife
Cherry Bomb by Jayne (Wayne) County
I think this may be what they call SKIP in the lingo of radio enthusiasts. Something to do with the cloud formations or something!
I am just feeling extraordinarily lucky to be hearing these and so many other way cool songs and I will continue to listen as long as possible!
Hey Ellanoize, thanks a lot for letting me know the frequency and suggesting I tune in!
You are every bit as cool as that FANtastic WROG DJ!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Gus
-
November 8th, 2004, 06:22 PM
#165
Inactive Member
Thank you Gus, It is a heck of an Imaginary Radio station. The listening audience now covers 5 states with an estimated 8 listeners. I can tell you it is very hard picking out a few songs for an 80 minute trip through tuneville. Originally I wuz gonna send ya uno disc, but I couldn't narrow the play list. Two disc would be enough surely (and don't call me Shirley), But no maybe just one more.... And I still have a few thousand odd seldom heards.
I love cover tunes and I belive I have about 5 Cherry bomb covers. I have an entire cd from Down Under that is different bands doing Stairway to heaven. I wasn't sure of your reaction to the bluegrass version of I love Rock N Roll. I also have a Alt country version of the WALL by Luther Wright & the Wrongs. I guess you might have figgered out that Female vocalist are my favorites too. I am glad you liked the Joint Venture Demos (I had forgotten all about the Cassette until I started this project)
I hope you enjoy until the next broadcast....Peace
<font color="red"><marquee>"I Am The DJ" </marquee></font>
rOG
-
November 9th, 2004, 04:11 PM
#166
moderator
8 listeners is what Wolfman Jack started with Ella [img]wink.gif[/img] and that was in just one state if I'm not mistaken!
Congrats on the success of WROG. May you keep on keeping on, broadcasting from the beanfields of Illinoiz to us muzic lovin' listenerz from sea to shining sea, until the cows come home!
If this injenious [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] new fangled radio phenomenon keeps gathering momentum there is no telling where it could lead!
Dude! The sky is the limit and that's the [img]graemlins/plane.gif[/img] truth!
Oh yes indeed, I did notice a lot of Rock Gals on WROG btw, but that's A-OK with mwah seeing as how I am sort of a Rock Gal enthusiast myself!
Especially when it comes to the one and only Cherie Currie of coarse!
Well anywayz, I just hope that however big WROG becomes in the future they'll stay loyal to their current sponsor 'Dickin's Fruit Stand' considering those ads are practically an integral part of the show.
Besides, I love their cider! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
Gus
-
November 10th, 2004, 05:40 PM
#167
Inactive Member
Yes sir there Gus dude, Dickins cider is a institution around these parts. Almost everyone wants some Dickins Cider at least once a day. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
rOGER
-
November 11th, 2004, 12:20 AM
#168
Inactive Member
Today the Jerry Garcia Band live. What a cool vibe.
-
November 11th, 2004, 06:40 AM
#169
famveronica
Guest
I listen to T Rex this days.... I love T Rex from the 70's
Well most of the music i listen to is from the 70's this days.............
And of course Cherie
I play the Young and wild cd over and over again.................
OHHHHHHHHH Im so tired and in such a bad mood this days...........
It's school, im having my x amens now and i have to do well.
Please God give me stringht.............. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
-
November 11th, 2004, 12:28 PM
#170
Inactive Member
I have just recently discovered RUFUS WAINWRIGHT, who is great. His latest album, 'Want One' is a masterpiece, and he has a new album coming out in a couple of weeks (Want Two). Went to see him in Liverpool the other day and he was fantastic. He encored with 'Across the universe - which was very appropriate. Amazing voice and great songwriter. Think we'll be hearing a lot more about Rufus.
Sarah McLachlan is amazing too. Went to see her a few weeks ago in Manchester UK and she was great too (Afterglow is a real grower, listening to the tracks individually you realise how clever they are!)
The new Innocence Mission CD is out soon too (Now the day is over). Haven't heard it yet, but it is getting some good reviews in the UK music press - and as i have loved everything they have ever done, i guess it's safe to say i'll love this one!
DAVE UK
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks